Skyhawk is currently seeking skilled Tower Technicians to join our team! The ideal technicians will be able to install, maintain, operate, and repair telecommunication equipment throughout the area. You will provide support to other technicians on the team and complete all necessary tasks in order to keep the infrastructures working properly. Technicians must be local or willing to commute to work every day.
All candidates should send their resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Tower Technician Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Climbing towers and ladders at various heights
- Erection of various tower types
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Installation of new carriers on new build and existing towers
- Assist in the assembly of monopole, all weld and knock down self-support and guyed towers
- Assists in the antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15 foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
- Assists in the transmission line and installation of foam / air dielectric coaxial, hardline and elliptical wave-guides
- Assists in the installation of all aspects of cell site foundations, grounding and conduits, with electrical installations where applicable.
- Other duties essential to completion of project
- Be able to travel during the week or for weeks depending on the circumstances
Tower Technician Qualifications
- Previous experience in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or other related fields
- Familiarity with telecommunications equipment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend prints
- Working knowledge of safety standards
- Ability to work some weekends and/or nights